Instructor: Keith Carter
Discover the world of clay with accomplished ceramics instructors! This class is geared toward learning the foundational techniques of handbuilding and basic wheel throwing with no experience required. Development of core building skills will have you creating functional pieces like cups, mugs, bowls, boxes, and vases in no time! During class, students will also be encouraged to explore the sculptural aspects of ceramics and taught principal finishing techniques for the variety of wares produced.
Bring your ideas and creativity.
Open to all skill levels.
You’ll love this class if you want to learn techniques for:
- Hand building methods such as slab, coil, pinch
- Wheel throwing processes such as centering, pulling walls, forming cups, bowls, and vases
- Creative studio tool and equipment usage
- Applying glazes
In this class you’ll have the opportunity to use the following equipment and materials:
- Potter’s wheel
- Slab roller
- Variety of studio tools for throwing and handbuilding
- 25 pounds of clay (additional clay available for purchase)
- Premixed glazes
- Artisan Center kilns