Instructor: Keith Carter
After you have completed Ceramics Intermediate with us, you are eligible to enroll in this class to be able to pursue some ideas of your own while still having a professional instructor available to oversee, assist, answer questions, offer advice, and perform kiln firings. Students will be empowered to work independently using all ceramics techniques possible with the available materials and tools. There are no lesson plans except your own – come to refine your skills and be inspired by other ceramics artisans!
Bring your ideas and creativity.
Prerequisite: Ceramics Intermediate
You’ll love this class if you:
- Love creative problem solving
- Would like to explore your own ideas
- Enjoy pushing the envelope by using new techniques
In this class you’ll have the opportunity to use the following equipment and materials:
- Potter's wheel
- Slab roller
- Variety of studio tools for throwing and handbuilding
- 25 pounds of clay (additional clay available for purchase)
- Premixed glazes
- Glaze sprayer
- Artisan Center kilns