1417 Cedar St
Green Bay, WI 54302
Room: AC115 - Ceramics Studio B
Instructor: Keith Carter
Are you loving ceramics and feeling ready to expand your abilities? Join our skilled Artisan Center faculty in exploring methods to improve your existing foundational abilities and continue developing your pottery-making style! The professional instruction in this class is focused on surface treatment and more advanced construction and finishing techniques. Students will have the opportunity to create lidded vessels, bottles, vases, and more!
Bring your ideas and creativity.
Prerequisite: Ceramics Fundamentals
You’ll love this class if you want to learn techniques for:
- Adding more interest to your wares with handles, lids, texture
- Glazing by spraying and layering glazes
- Throwing lidded vessels, bottles, vases
- Enhancing your wares with detail and your own aesthetic
In this class you’ll have the opportunity to use the following equipment and materials:
- Potter’s wheel
- Slab roller
- Variety of studio tools for throwing and handbuilding
- 25 pounds of clay (additional clay available for purchase)
- Premixed glazes
CLASS BONUS TIME Class Bonus Time is additional time to work in the studio outside of class hours and it is available to students who are currently enrolled in ceramics classes and pyrography classes. Class Bonus Time is available for the weeks the class is scheduled as well as one week after the class ends to help wrap up any projects. There is no cost to utilize Class Bonus Time, but all participants must sign-in at the lobby.