Instructor: Dierdra Stary
Longarm Orientation & Longarm Pantograph Classes are combined into one and presented to you as Longarm Fundamentals! Experience how adding longarm quilting can greatly enhance the look and design of your quilts and sewing projects! Skilled Longarm instructors will discuss the motivations for using a longarm quilting machine and guide you through the processes of learning to sew with one. The primary focus of this foundational class is on education and support to empower confident artisan operation of our professional grade longarm quilting machines. By working on your own fabric and/or quilt tops you’ll have the opportunity to complete a quilt during this class!
Note: After completion of this course, students are eligible to test and become Longarm Certified, a title that allows for convenient and economical independent/solo machine rental. Prior to becoming Longarm Certified, students who have completed Longarm Fundamentals are able to rent a machine with at least one other renter, under the supervision of an instructor. For pricing and scheduling details visit our website or call us!
Bring your ideas and creativity, and practice material (ie: fabric, batting, quilt tops).
Open to all skill levels.
You'll love this class if you want to learn techniques for:
- Choosing proper materials for longarm quilting
- Understanding and practicing process, operation, functions, and troubleshooting of our Nolting longarm quilting machines
- Performing basic free-motion stitching and learning how to use pantographs
- Honoring procedures and processes for basic care, cleaning, maintaining shared machines and studio space
In this class you'll have the opportunity to use the following equipment and materials:
- Nolting longarm quilting machines and extras
- Inventory of longarm quilting thread, batting, muslin available for purchase
- Cutting table, scissors, rotary cutters, cutting mats
- Iron and ironing boards