Instructor: Kelly Bresnahan
Delight in the captivating handicraft of woodturning! We encourage you to join our exceptional woodturning instructors in learning to develop a solid, hands-on, foundational education of woodturning, no experience required! Students will learn about the basic equipment, specific tools, and techniques used in woodturning while turning their first samples. With a focus on lathe safety, supply and tool selection, cutting techniques, and tool sharpening skills, instructors will walk you through the steps to rough turn square stock, form a tenon, and cut grooves, beads, and coves to create spindle-turned projects.
Bring your ideas and creativity, an impact-resistant face shield (shared classroom shields are also available for use), and closed-toe shoes.
Open to all skill levels.
You’ll love this class if you want to learn techniques for:
- Identifying wood grain orientation before woodturning
- Selecting suitable woodturning tools and proper tool presentation when turning
- Spindle Turning
- Safe use of a wood lathe
- Reading the turned surface for self-evaluation while working
- Understanding correct technique
In this class you’ll have the opportunity to use the following equipment and materials:
- Pre-selected wood
- Cutting tools such as parting tool, spindle roughing gouge, spindle gouge