Registration is currently closed for this event, but please call us at 920-544-5018 if you would like to inquire about any available seats.
Delight in the captivating handicraft of woodturning! We encourage you to join our exceptional woodturning instructors in learning to develop a solid, hands-on, foundational education in woodturning, no experience required! Students will learn about the basic equipment, specific tools, and techniques used in woodturning while turning their first samples. With a focus on lathe safety, supply and tool selection, cutting techniques, and tool sharpening skills, instructors will walk you through the steps to rough turn square stock, form a tenon, and cut grooves, beads, and coves to create spindle-turned projects.
Bring your ideas and creativity, an impact-resistant face shield (shared classroom shields are also available for use), and closed-toe shoes.
Open to all skill levels.
You’ll love this class if you want to learn techniques for:
- Identifying wood grain orientation before woodturning
- Selecting suitable woodturning tools and proper tool presentation when turning
- Spindle Turning
- Safe use of a wood lathe
- Reading the turned surface for self-evaluation while working
- Understanding correct technique
In this class you’ll have the opportunity to use the following equipment and materials:
- Pre-selected wood
- Cutting tools such as parting tool, spindle roughing gouge, spindle gouge