This class is geared for the law enforcement officer that is assigned as a tactical sniper. The course is a combination of classroom and field work.
Classroom instruction includes tactical sniper concepts, training considerations, legal issues, rifle, telescopic sight, ballistics, rifle data book, day and night observation, tactical terrain analysis, intelligence reporting, range estimation techniques, camouflage, observation/firing position, tactical employment options and fire control, and tactical deployment.
Practical application reinforces classroom instruction with observation/reporting exercises and basic tactical scoped rifle range firing to include moving targets and glass barrier engagement.
Written examination, practical performance evaluation, and firearms qualification required for course completion.
With exception of ammunition, a participant should attend the course despite not having all the listed equipment or attire.
• Laptop/any device capable of viewing PDF
• Scoped rifle (with sling; bipod, rear rifle rest/sandbag)
• Rifle carrying case
• Rifle Data Book
• Spotting scope (variable power up to at least 45 power)
• Shooting mat
• Rifle cleaning gear
• Eye/ear protection
• Knee/elbow pads
• Binoculars (preferably military 7X35mm with mil scale; or 7 to 8 power with exit pupil of 4 to 5mm; divide field of view by power, i.e.: 35 mm divided by 7 = 5 exit pupil).
• Compass (preferably Silva compass with clinometer)
• Clip board (for note taking/exercises on rifle range)
• Notepad, pen/pencil, 6” ruler/straight edge
• Day pack/range bag for above equipment (except rifle)
• Preferred attire is tactical unform
• 250 match grade rounds (.308 caliber 168 grain SBTHP)