This training will be Two 2-hour live virtual training sessions, not a recorded session.
Both days 8:00am - 10:00am
As loyal employees stay with an organization for years, their effectiveness starts to stagnate. Without giving existing employees new roles, providing feedback, developing more responsibilities, or training for new skills, organizations are leaving a potential resource untapped. By simply creating a development plan and having a conversation with the employee about her or his direction in the organization, employers can greatly improve morale, productivity, and job-satisfaction. In this course, you will learn keys to effectively developing the skills of current employees, including how to let employees define their own outcomes, using assessments to advance goals, how to have a conversation about development, various forms of job enrichment training, and the components of an individual development plan. As a result, you will be better able to guide employees through the development process, crafting their path in a way that benefits you, and increases their engagement and success in the organization.
In this seminar, we will:
• Recognize the difference between performance management and development coaching
• Implement a strengths-based approach to development
• Provide employees with the tools to assess their strengths and development needs
• Conduct a positive development discussion
• Identify a variety of paths to development
• Create an effective individual development plan