Being a leader inherently implies having a lot of responsibility. What that responsibility is can vary among leadership roles, but there are some universal ways to be a leader. Enthusiasm, having a vision, problem-solving, promoting teamwork, and delegating tasks are all forms of leadership, but may not come naturally to every leader. And when a leader is not up to shape, it reflects on the organization or team as a whole.
This course will give you the tools you need to hone your skills as a leader, from earning trust and respect, to leading through crisis and creating a vision to share. As a result, you will have more confidence in your ability to lead, will inspire a more collaborative work environment, and will be able to lead through any situation.
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
- How to have and share a vision
- How to set expectations, communicate effectively, and be trustworthy
- Methods of building confidence in your employees
- Benefits of being enthusiastic
- Behaviors that signal serving
- Pitfalls to avoid such as lack of transparency, neglect, and unwillingness to change or innovate
- How to influence others and promote teamwork
- How to be a leader during a crisis
This is an Online Class in which you will need to join the session with your own individual computer that has audio and video capabilities.
You will receive a web link for the training within a week of the training start date.