Class is from 2pm - 6pm. Attendees are asked to bring their agency vehicle.
This is the LESB, state-mandated 2021- 2023 biennial pursuit update required of all LEOs to maintain certification as in the State of Wisconsin; it will consist of the following components:
- Review the 2013- 2017 statewide pursuit data, to include discussion of the statistics, data collection changes implemented through TraCS, and accessibility to pursuit data through Wilenet.
- Technology review: Vehicle safety standards, including Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC).
- Review and Discussion of the EVOC Disturbance Resolution Model, specifically the Intervention Options and alignment within agency policy.
- Strategies for the Control and Containment of Wrong-way Drivers.
- Very basic familiarization with alternate High Risk Stop technique (not instruction), from Michigan State Police, being considered by some agencies.
- Practical exercises based on agency EVOC Intervention options, Evasive and Controlled Brake, and Cornering with intersection simulation Exercises.