Seminar runs April 12-16 and 19-20, 2021.
This 56 hour handgun and rifle instructor course will train instructor candidates in the theory and hands on skill development techniques of firearms instruction and assist the instructor candidates in developing skills to provide officers the training experience necessary for successful deployment of the semiautomatic pistol and tactical/patrol rifle, and a continuous program of skill improvement, combined with a working and defensible knowledge of the use of force rules. All new firearms instructors are required to become certified as handgun and rifle instructor through this WI DOJ Training and Standards course.
All new firearms instructors are required to become certified as handgun and rifle instructor through this WI DOJ Training and Standards course.
PARTICIPANT EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- Semiautomatic pistol with 3 magazines and 750 rounds of ammo
- Tactical rifle/sling with three magazines and 750 rounds ammo
- Handgun Cleaning Kit
- Duty Gun belt / Holster / equipment
- Eye and Ear Protection, Ball Cap
- Personal Body Armor
- Personal Computer
- Clothing to train at outdoor range
- Copy of Current Department Use of Force Policy