This 8-hour program will provide the student with qualified instructor training in the use of Less-Lethal intervention options including Noise/Flash Diversionary Devices (flash-bangs). New and experienced instructors will benefit from this program by being exposed to various deployment systems and scenario applications.
• Tactical employment of munitions
• Levels of Force
• Physiological Effects of Munitions
• Deployment techniques
Equipment needed for this course includes:
• Department issued Less Lethal shotgun, 37 or 40 mm launcher.
• Protective Gas Mask
• Duty gear, Body Armor, Training (non-function) handgun and, Flashlight.
• Nomex® or similar type gloves that cover the entire hand. Long sleeve shirt
• Wrap around Ballistic Eye and Ear protection
• Dept. Less Lethal inventory and policy if available for deployment planning.
• 4 CTS 7290, 7290M, 7290T with training fuzes or Def-Tec Distraction Devices