This 8-hour program will provide the student with qualified instructor training in the use of Less-Lethal intervention options including Kinetic Energy Impact Munitions. New and experienced instructors will benefit from this program by being exposed to various deployment systems and scenario applications.
• Tactical employment of munitions
• Levels of Force
• Physiological Effects of Munitions
• Shot Placement
• 12 gauge, 37mm, and 40mm Specialty Munitions
• Less Lethal kinetic energy projectiles
Equipment needed for this course includes:
• Department issued Less Lethal shotgun, 37 or 40 mm launcher.
• Duty gear, Body Armor, Training (non-function) handgun and, Flashlight.
• Nomex® or similar type gloves that cover the entire hand. Long sleeve shirt
• Wrap around Ballistic Eye and Ear protection
• Dept. Less Lethal inventory and policy if available for deployment planning.
• 3-5 Barricade Rounds (12ga, 37, or 40mm)