This training will be Two 2-hour live virtual training sessions, not a recorded session.
A supervisor pays more roles than just the overseer. Supervisors often have to be mentors, delegators, diplomats, and disciplinarians. Therefore, supervisors have to know their employees’ strengths, weaknesses, triggers, and apprehensions and have the communication skills necessary to effectively steep employees in the right direction. No matter how poor an employee’s behavior is, it is ultimately up to the supervisor to correct the behavior. Sometimes a bad supervisor can be the source of all the organization’s problems. This course is designed to help you understand you organization’s problems and challenges at a deeper level and give you the communication tools to become an inspiring supervisor. In this guide you will learn the proper recourse to take with problem employees to resolve problems, create goals, work through personal issues, and mediate conflict. As a result you will be better able to understand your employees’ behavior and motives and react appropriately to them.
In this seminar, we will:
- Use realism, restraint, and resolve when facing any tough challenge.
- Resolve conflicts between employees effectively.
- Deal with layoffs in a way that minimizes the negative effects.
- Show support for employees with performance issues while building a defensible case for discipline and/or termination if necessary.
- Deal with employees’ personal problems with sensitivity and fairness.
- Take control and responsibility in a crisis situation.