This 2-day course is intended for those tasked with investigating complaints of sexual abuse in a confinement setting.
Our instructor has over 25 years’ experience with the Department of Health Services and the Department of Corrections and is a certified abuse investigator and PREA Auditor.
Topics covered include:
• Understand the PREA Standards for investigator training and investigative process for sexual abuse and sexual harassment in a confinement setting (115.34 (b), 115.71, 115.72 and 115.73).
• Understand the unique nature of investigating sexual abuse in confinement.
• Know the techniques for interviewing sexual abuse victims.
• Know the proper uses of Miranda and Garrity warnings.
• Know proper techniques for the collection of physical evidence (preservation, transportation and SANE)
• Understand best practices for reaching investigative conclusions.
• Can describe the level of evidence needed to substantiate both administrative and criminal findings.
• Know the required reporting of their Investigation findings.