The purpose of this training is to enhance situational awareness and conflict communications skills for health care personnel and provide concepts to help predict, avoid, and if necessary, effectively respond to violence. Upon completion of this training seminar, health care personnel will be able to:
- Identify early warning signs and pre-attack postures.
- Identify conflict communications skills to enhance personal safety and de-escalate self and others.
- Identify appropriate “deflectors” in response to verbal attacks.
- Describe the primary attacks that occur during an assault.
- Describe how to avoid a sudden assault.
- Describe effective de-escalation techniques to stop a sudden assault.
Coffee will be provided