This one-day course is the first in a series of leadership development courses presented by the Center for Innovative Change, LLC and offered through NWTC. The course is designed for those who are new to supervision and those planning to move into supervisory positions. The course explores ways to define interpersonal relationships, develop and maintain positive self-confidence, and incorporate leadership as well as positive supervisory techniques into their positions. Participants will develop self-improvement plans to guide ongoing leadership development.
- Classify the characteristics of a good supervisor
- Distinguish between personal and professional relationships
- Describe ways to develop and maintain positive self-confidence
- Integrate elements of leadership into personal approach to supervising others
- Identify and apply problem-solving strategies through scenarios and case studies
- Describe and create a self-improvement plan for development of supervisory skills, using techniques presented during the training