Questions? Please contact James Zuege at:
TRADES & ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES
Student capacity: Maximum 12
The goal of the competition is for students to demonstrate their skill at repairing damage to vehicle. They will be required to repair damage to a supplied part to set industry standards. We will supply all needed tools and materials required to complete the repair. Each competency of the repair will be assigned a point value and students of the collision repair program will judge to an established rubric. The competing students will be given 3 hours to complete the task.
Auto Body Repair
• NWTC supplied fender with three areas of damage to be repaired.
• Two of the areas to be repaired using filler material and finished to primer readiness.
• One area to be metal finished (no filler) and ready for primer.
• Judging criteria is based off accepted repair industry standards.
• Three hours to complete the task.
- Proper cleaning and prep of fender to be repaired.
- Proper use of safety equipment.
- Proper use of tools and equipment.
- Proper choice of filler material.
- Proper use and application of filler material.
- Proper choice of sanding tools and choice of grits.
- Repair areas straight and match fender contours.
- Repairs finished and acceptable for primer.